- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup California walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cups frozen vanilla yogurt (low-fat or fat free)
Glazed Walnuts Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar with orange juice and cinnamon. Add walnuts; stir until well coated.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; stir until evenly coated.
- Cool to room temperature.
Recipe TipBoth the glazed walnuts and blueberry compote may be prepared ahead of time. Store the glazed walnuts in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks; try as a delicious snack or on salads. Store the blueberry compote, covered and refrigerated, for up to three days. Wonderful served warm over pancakes or French toast.
About This Recipe
Fro-yo cravings have met their match with this frozen yogurt sundae with blueberry compote and glazed walnuts. The tangy warm blueberry compote mixed with the crunchy, nutty flavor of the walnuts and sweet burst of vanilla yogurt make it a sundae that you and the kids will love.