- 1 cup Marcona Almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup freeze-dried blueberries (aka, “blueberry popcorn”)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almonds and pistachios with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the chopped rosemary, lemon zest and salt, and combine thoroughly.
- Spread nuts in a single layer onto a cookie sheet. Place in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow nuts to cool at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, combine nuts with the reserved “blueberry popcorn”.
About This Recipe
Chef Stephen Rogers has coined the term “blueberry popcorn” when describing freeze-dried blueberries, due to their satisfying, light crunch. A twist on this concept comes in the form of a blueberry “popcorn” snack mix with Marcona almonds, pistachios and fresh herbs. This elevated bar snack makes the perfect starter for a bunch to munch.
Recipe created by Chef Stephen Rogers, Sachet Restaurant.