Who We Are
The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council (USHBC) is a grower-driven organization working to be the global leader in knowledge, programs and resources used and shared by the blueberry industry. We support the domestic and international farmers who have a passion for growing the delicious and high-quality blueberries that inspire you to grab a boost of blue. Through collaboration and innovation, USBHC is moving our industry forward to bring you the best quality fruit and share the endless possibilities of blueberries.
The Reason We’re Here
Simple, healthy and delicious, blueberries are native to North America and enjoyed around the world. Wherever you are, you can always grab a boost of blue – because every season is blueberry season. Fresh blueberries are available year-round (thanks to growers in both North and South America), along with frozen, dried, canned and all the other equally tasty forms of blueberries.
Blueberries also are a good source of fiber, a good source of Vitamin C, rich in various vitamins and minerals, and certified as heart healthy by the American Heart Association®. All that at just 80 calories per cup? Blueberries really are the smart choice you can make every day.
Spreading the Goodness of Blueberries
Every day, USHBC works with:
- Blueberry growers, marketers and exporters across North America;
- Agricultural organizations, governmental and regulatory bodies, and other industry experts around the nation;
- Health researchers contributing to our library of peer-reviewed, blueberry-focused research;
- Dietitians and other health professionals helping to share those insights with patients and everyday shoppers seeking healthy solutions to daily needs;
- Trend-setting chefs representing high-volume restaurant operations to local hotspots.
Together, USHBC and our partners reinforce the versatility and other benefits of blueberries and extend our industry reach, helping more people near and far get a uniquely delicious boost of blue.
“I just think the long-term success of our business is going to be our ability to delight our customers every single time. And to build a system of exceeding their expectations with the attention to detail of the business.”
Homegrown Organic Farms
What’s New in Blue
You’ll find all the latest blueberry information and inspiration on our blog and in our monthly e-newsletter. Don’t miss a single boost of blue, from mouthwatering recipes and ideas to healthy swaps and lifestyle tips.