- 2 cups Blueberry Compote (recipe below)
- 12 ounces (1-1⁄2 cups) low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, divided
- 8 ounces (1 cup) orange juice
- 1 small fully ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Blueberry Compote Ingredients
- 16 ounces frozen (unthawed) blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Make Blueberry Compote, cover and chill.
- In a blender, place 6 ounces of the yogurt, orange juice and avocado; blend until smooth.
- Divide the avocado mixture between two 16-ounce cups; set aside.
- Rinse blender and place Blueberry Compote and remaining yogurt in blender; blend until smooth. Check consistency; dilute with water or milk if needed.
- Slowly pour half the blueberry mixture on top of each of the avocado smoothies for a two-layer effect.
Blueberry Compote Instructions
- In a large pan, toss blueberries with sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, stirring; reduce heat to low and simmer until blueberries are heated through and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add additional sugar if needed. Allow to cool, cover and chill.