Blueberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup frozen blueberries plus more for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed - plus slices as garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
Hot Toddy Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons blueberry honey
- 8 ounces whiskey or brandy (optional)
- 8 ounces boiling hot water
Blueberry Syrup Instructions
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring honey, cinnamon stick, blueberries and lemon juice to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooled, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
Hot Toddy Instructions
- In a tea cup, combine 1 tablespoon blueberry syrup and 2 ounces whiskey (optional).
- Add 6 ounces boiling hot water and stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, blueberries, and fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.
For a mocktail version, skip the brandy or bourbon.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Foolproof Living
So your friends decide last minute to swing by your place for a drink? The more the merrier! You’ll have all the ingredients on hand for this blueberry honey cinnamon toddy so you can shake, stir and serve all while looking like the most prepared host/ess on the block. Plus everyone will be asking how you made the blueberry honey cinnamon toddys…whether you give them the secret recipe is up to you!