- 1 cup freekeh or farro
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, toast freekah, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until fragrant.
- Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Transfer freekah to a large bowl. Add dried blueberries, pistachios, apple, parsley and chives. Pour vinaigrette over the mixture, stirring until combined.
About This Recipe
Our freekeh and blueberry salad is as filling as it is delicious. With diverse flavors and herbs like chives and parsley, it is perfect as a fresh side dish for a potluck or you can enjoy it as a lunch meal. With fiber and protein, this freekeh and blueberry salad will keep you full and ready to take on the day.
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*