- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices of provolone cheese
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Place frozen blueberries in a colander over a bowl or sink. Let blueberries juices drain.
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally, keeping the long side of the chicken breast attached. Open halves like a book and pound breasts until 1⁄4” thick. Season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place each chicken breast on a work surface cut side up. Add about 1⁄4 cup blueberries on top of the chicken and then top with 2 slices of provolone and 8 basil leaves, maintaining a 1” border on the chicken.
- Roll the chicken breasts up lengthwise and tie with kitchen twine. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 of tablespoon butter and oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the stuffed chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and bake until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the middle, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plates and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, scrape any melted cheese from the skillet and discard. Set the skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook, turning occasionally until mushrooms are golden brown. About 5 minutes. Add in the white wine and cook for about 60 seconds.
- Add broth and vinegar and simmer until liquid is thickened and reduced, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon butter and herbs.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off and discard twine from stuffed chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken into slices and drizzle mushroom sauce over top and serve.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Jessica Potts, “A Happy Food Dance”, Blog
Blueberry and provolone stuffed chicken will delight your palate with tender mushrooms, fresh basil and pleasingly bitter parsley. With a surprising hint of crisp white wine, this blueberry and provolone stuffed chicken will brighten any holiday menu.