- 1-1⁄2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces thick cut bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut Brussels sprouts removing the stems and cutting them in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts in olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- In a large cast iron pan over medium high heat, place sprouts cut side down and cook for 5 minutes without stirring, or until they begin to brown.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, then place cast iron pan into the oven for 10 minutes; toss and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook blueberries, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup, mashing blueberries against the saucepan with the back of a spoon until mixture reduces by more than half (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and strain glaze into a small bowl.
- Drizzle some of the glaze over Brussels sprouts and place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- While in the oven, cook bacon until desired doneness; dice into bits.
- Remove glazed Brussels sprouts from the oven. Toss in bacon and blue cheese, stirring to combine.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Sarah Fennel, “Broma Bakery” Blog
Looking for a vegetable dish your family will actually love? Look no further than blueberry balsamic glazed brussels sprouts. The bacon bits combined with a blueberry balsamic glaze perfectly complement the veggie for a mouth watering side. Bring blueberry balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts to a potluck and you won’t be taking home any leftovers!