- 2 racks ribs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Blueberry Barbecue Glaze Ingredients
- 1-1⁄2 cups honey BBQ sauce
- 1-1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Dry the ribs with paper towels. In a medium bowl, mix together all dry rub ingredients well.
- Press rub onto both sides of rib racks. Tightly wrap each individual rack with tin foil.
- Place in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and let sit in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bake foil wrapped ribs on baking sheet for 2-1/2 hours.
- During the last half hour of cook time, make the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine BBQ sauce, liquid smoke and blueberries.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Use a spatula to break apart some of the blueberries. Cook another five minutes. Let ribs cool, then remove foil.
- Discard juices.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce reserving some for serving.
- Broil ribs for five minutes or just until the tops are nicely browned.
- Serve with additional sauce.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Amy Dong “Chew Out Loud” Blog
These tantalizing blueberry barbecue glazed ribs are sure to ‘wow’ your family and friends. With hints of sweet blueberry flavor and deep, smoky flavors, blueberry barbecue glazed ribs will rouse everyone’s taste buds with mouthwatering flavor.