- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups baby kale blend, arugula, or watercress
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Cook barley according to package directions; let cool.
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chopped mint.
- Add cooked barley, blueberries, baby kale blend, mango, almonds and red onion, tossing until evenly coated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
About This Recipe
Daydreaming of summer? A blueberry barley salad with mint lime vinaigrette is a taste of sweet summertime. Crunchy almonds, fresh mango, blueberries and mint leaves combine with the hearty flavor of barley for a salad that will warm you up from the inside out.