- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1⁄2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened, cut into 20 pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1-1⁄4 cups dried blueberries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Set rack in the middle level of the oven; preheat to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. With the flat beater, stir on lowest speed.
- Mixing on lowest speed, add the butter a few pieces at a time just until absorbed. Add lemon zest, blueberries and eggs; continue to mix on lowest speed until dough masses around the beater. Scrape dough to a floured work surface and gently knead into a smooth cylinder.
- Cut the dough in half and roll each to a cylinder about 15 inches long. Arrange the dough on the pan, equally distant from the sides of the pan and from each other; gently flatten.
- Bake until golden and firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly; slice each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch biscotti.
- Arrange on the cookie sheet and return to the oven to toast briefly to a light golden.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Chef Nick Malgieri, Award-winning cookbook author; Director, Baking Department, Institute of Culinary Education, New York
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*