- 1- 1⁄2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce blueberry shrub
- Seltzer or ginger beer
Blueberry Shrub Ingredients
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups muddled blueberries
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 1-1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a cocktail shaker, combine bourbon, blueberry shrub and ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a glass and top off with seltzer.
- Garnish with blueberries and a thin slice of prosciutto on a cocktail pick if desired.
Blueberry Shrub Instructions
- In a medium size pan over medium-high heat, bring vinegar, muddled blueberries, thyme, ginger and sugar to a simmer; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into a sterilized container, seal and store in a cool dark place for at least 24 hours and up to a full week.
- After setting, strain liquid into a new container, seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Kristin Guy, “dine x design” Blog
These blue bourbon fizz cocktails are flavorful pick-me-ups perfect for any seasonal occasion. With juicy blueberries, bold bourbon and refreshing ginger beer, a blue bourbon fizz will satisfy your thirst for a strong, yet sweet, beverage.