- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Ice, as needed
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 2 small sprigs fresh mint
- Divide 2/3 cup blueberries, lemon juice and mint leaves between 2 highball glasses. Muddle to crush berries and mint.
- Top muddled blueberry mixture with ice. Add bourbon and ginger beer; stir to combine.
- Garnish with remaining blueberries and mint sprigs.
Substitute ginger beer with ginger ale if preferred.
About This Recipe
Try this Blueberry Bourbon Smash for a cocktail that’s both zesty and refreshing. Sweet-tart blueberries muddled with mint and tangy lemon set off the warm, caramel notes of bourbon – all tied together with spicy ginger beer. This drink is equally at home by the fire on a chilly night and at the pool while soaking up the sun, making it a year-round, go-to boost of blue.