Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Blueberry Chai Latte
- 4 chai tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 2 ounces spiced dark rum (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blueberry Maple Syrup Instructions
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, maple syrup, and orange peel.
- In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water; add to blueberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the mixture thickens about 1 minute.
Blueberry Chai Latte Instructions
- Divide tea bags evenly between 2 large mugs; pour in boiling water.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of Blueberry Maple Syrup into each mug; steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. If using rum, add 1 ounce to each mug.
- Meanwhile, pour almond milk into a small saucepan set over medium heat; heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm and steaming.
- Froth almond milk with milk frother; divide equally between mugs. Garnish with cinnamon.
- Remaining syrup can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Nutritional analysis does not include the optional rum.
About This Recipe
Ready to spice things up? Try this Blueberry Chai Latte – a boost of blue perfect for breakfast, brunch or any well-deserved break in your day. This soothing beverage offers the delicious warmth of chai tea with a sweet-tart twist of blueberries and maple syrup. Almond milk serves as the base, making this an easy, dairy-free favorite.