Blueberry Compote Ingredients
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Pull Apart Bread Ingredients
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
Blueberry Compote Instructions
- Combine frozen blueberries, sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until mixture is a thick jam-like consistency, at least 8 hours.
Pull Apart Bread Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Divide each piece of biscuit dough into thirds. Spoon 1 teaspoon chilled blueberry compote into the center of one dough piece. Carefully fold dough over top of the blueberry compote and firmly pinch the seams closed. If necessary, wet edges of dough with cold water to secure seams. Roll filled dough gently between your hands to smooth out the seams and form a ball. Repeat until all pieces of dough are filled. (You will have additional blueberry compote left to serve with baked pull apart bread.)
- Microwave butter in a bowl until melted.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Dip each stuffed dough ball in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar and arrange in prepared loaf pan, forming two layers.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top of loaf is golden brown, has puffed up and is baked through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with remaining blueberry compote.
About This Recipe
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*