- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Press down center of each bread slice to create a well. Divide yogurt custard mixture evenly among bread wells. Top with half the blueberries.
- Arrange in air fryer basket, in batches if necessary, and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Top with remaining blueberries before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Substitute sourdough bread for brioche, challah or whole-grain bread.
About This Recipe
Blueberry Custard Toast is an irresistible way to give your brunch a boost of blue. The custard combines egg, maple syrup and Greek yogurt for an easy, creamy, sweet topping that’s finished with a hefty sprinkle of blueberries. Once pressed into your bread and air fried, you get a warm, yummy treat that just might become your new favorite comfort food.