- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, any type
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces whole grain bread, cut into small pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional toppings: maple syrup, powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add the bread and stir to combine well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon equal portions of the bread mixture into the muffin pan, filling the wells almost all the way to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until muffins are puffed up and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool. Serve muffins plain or top them with a little bit of maple syrup or powdered sugar.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Sonali Ruder, DO, The Foodie Physician
These blueberry french toast muffins are as versatile as they are irresistible. They’ll fill your home with that delicious smell of Sunday brunch and make a perfect lunchbox addition for the kids (and for yourself). Made with whole grain bread, eggs, blueberries, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, these blueberry french toast muffins will satisfy your hunger and provide plenty of energy to take on the day.