- 3⁄4 cup short grain rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 avocado, cut into 2 inch batons
- 1 small peach, apple or plum cut into small cubes
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the rice: In a medium pot over medium low heat, combine rice, water, sugar and salt.
- Cook about 15 minutes until rice has absorbed the water and is cooked through but still firm.
- Stir in coconut milk and vanilla. Mixture should be thick. Let cool.
- On a piece of parchment paper with wet hands pat half of the rice into a 7 x 5 inch rectangle.
- Lay half of the blueberries along the long end of the rectangle. Add half of the avocado and apple slices.
- Roll up in the parchment to enclose the fruit and form a long tight roll or log .
- Unroll the parchment; cut the rice roll crosswise into 1 inch pieces to make “sushi rolls”.
- Repeat with remaining rice mixture and fruit.
Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Combine blueberries, yogurt and honey in a blender. Puree until smooth.
About This Recipe
What in the world is blueberry fruit sushi? Trust us – it’s uniquely delicious! The different textures and flavors of the rice, avocado, peach and blueberries combine for an explosion of truly decadent taste. Bonus: how fun is it to use chopsticks for dipping the blueberry fruit sushi in its complementary sauce?!