- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 small fresh basil leaves, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries, 1/4 cup goat cheese, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, chopped basil and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
- Place pie crust on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick all over with fork. Leaving a 2-inch border, spoon the blueberry mixture into center of crust.
- Fold the bare edges of pastry toward the center, over the filling. Pleat pastry as you go and leave center uncovered. Brush top of pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is just bubbling and pastry is golden. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese overfilling. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
About This Recipe
This Blueberry Goat Cheese Galette is nothing but sweet, savory sophistication. The sweet-tart blueberries and peppery basil pair perfectly with seasoned goat cheese and herbs. When you pull your galette out of the oven, the crust will be golden, the filling will be bubbly, and the people will be waiting with forks in hand. It’s a crowd-pleaser for parties or an indulgent weekend brunch.