- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 2 to 3 ozs. white Cheddar cheese or American, sliced thin
- 6 thin slices apple
- Heat oven to 400 °F. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice.
- Place bread on a work surface buttered-side-down. Drizzle honey over two of the slices; top with blueberries.
- Add a slice of cheese, then the apple slices. Top with remaining cheese. Top with remaining two slices of bread, buttered-side–up.
- In a heavy oven proof skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until golden brown on the bottom. Turn sandwiches over and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
About This Recipe
Yes, you read that right! Blueberry grilled cheese sandwiches are exactly what you’re craving. How can you resist the gooey cheese melted with honey, apples and (of course) butter in these blueberry grilled cheeses? Perfect for kids’ lunch or dinner (and we won’t judge you if you make an extra for yourself).