- 2 9-inch frozen pie crust rounds, thawed
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, separated
- 3-4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons dried lavender, separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fit 1 pie crust round into a 9-inch pie plate. Lightly prick the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss together the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch (see tip below), 2 teaspoons lavender, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour into the crust and arrange the butter pieces evenly over the blueberries.
- Grab the second pie crust round and roll it out into a 12-inch circle. Place the crust over the berries. Alternatively, you can create a lattice design if desired. Using a fork, crimp the edges of the crust together to seal the pie up.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of dried lavender. Pinch the lavender and sugar together with your fingers to break the buds up into the sugar.
- Brush the top crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with lavender sugar. Using a sharp knife, slice four holes in the top of the crust for air pockets. Cover and chill pie until crust is firm, about 1 hour in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven to 350° and bake another 30 minutes until the pie is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
For a thicker filling, use 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
About This Recipe
This Blueberry Lavender Pie is the quintessential summertime pie and so easy to create! It’s packed with extra-juicy blueberries and flavored with dried lavender, making it just the right amount of sweet with a subtle floral twist. Finish with lavender sugar and serve with a scoop of ice cream for a sweet treat that satisfies with every bite.
Made in partnership with Half Baked Harvest.