- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; line with enough parchment paper to leave 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- Whisk together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest.
- In a measuring cup, stir milk with lemon juice. With the mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts with milk mixture in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture, and scraping down bowl as needed. Fold in blueberries.
- Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Alternatively, bake in mini loaf pans.
About This Recipe
Pour a cup of coffee or tea and snuggle up with a warm slice of Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Bread. The rich loaf is packed with zesty lemon flavor and studded with juicy blueberries. You can bake as a standard 9×5-inch loaf or use mini-loaf pans to create multiple treats to share with friends or pack in lunch bags. It’s a delicious way to grab a boost of blue at any time of day – that lemony-blueberry goodness works around the clock.