- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Roll out one sheet pie crust to flatten. Fit into a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup of the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and clear. Stir in butter; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 3 cups blueberries and lemon peel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn cooled filling into pie shell. Lay the remaining pie crust on a sheet of wax paper. Roll out to flatten. With a knife or pastry wheel cut pastry into 3/8-inch wide strips. Arrange in a criss-cross pattern on top of blueberries, pressing ends into the edges of the bottom crust and crimping to seal.
- Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake in the bottom third of oven until crust is golden and filling bubbles gently, about 30 minutes. Cool on rack.