- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine 3/4 cup blueberries, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Fold in remaining blueberries. Let cool completely.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan with butter. Line bottom and sides of pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg. Add cream and vanilla and beat until well combined; set aside.
In a heatproof bowl set over larger pot of barely simmering water, melt butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Let cool slightly. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in flour. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Pour Cheesecake Layer over top of the brownie batter. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of Blueberry Compote over top; swirl with tip of knife. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until only a few moist crumbs adhere to toothpick when inserted into center. Let cool completely in pan.
- Using parchment paper, transfer to cutting board. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm enough to cut into squares.
Can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
About This Recipe
You deserve to enjoy a rich, decadent treat from time to time. Period. Try these Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake brownies for a truly savor-worthy dessert. The name doesn’t lie: you get a delicious base of chocolatey brownie, upgraded with cheesecake batter and swirls of blueberry. Sip with your favorite coffee, tea or glass of red and take your (sweet) time.