- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large non-reactive saucepan, crush the blueberries with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Stir in vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into 1-quart jar or storage container; cover and refrigerate 48 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- In a fine wire sieve, strain blueberry mixture pressing out as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Line the sieve with cheesecloth and strain out finer particles. Pour vinegar into a glass bottle or jar and cover. Refrigerate.