- 1 cup dry red rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 large colorful bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- Cook the rice according to the package.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and add the onions and garlic and sauté on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, celery, salt, and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix well.
- Add the walnuts, basil, and blueberries and gently mix until combined.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 370°F.
- Evenly divide the mixture among the bell peppers. Arrange the bell peppers in the Air Fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
Alternatively, peppers can be cooked in an oven at 400°F in a 9×13-inch foil-lined baking dish for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
About This Recipe
These air fryer stuffed bell peppers with blueberries are an easy weeknight dinner option with the bonus of brain health benefits! The blueberries bring a pop of color in addition to some natural sweetness to make these stuffed bell peppers a sure hit with anyone you share them with.
Made in partnership with Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD.