- 1 package (8 ounces) wild rice blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare wild rice blend according to package directions; drain well. Remove to mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in blueberries and vinegar; cook five minutes stirring frequently.
- Add blueberry mixture to the rice. Add pecans, scallions, mint, salt and pepper; toss to combine.