- 1 large bulb celery root, julienned (approx. 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries (naturally sweetened are best for this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup grated cucumber, skins and seeds removed before grating
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- Zest of 1⁄2 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 crumbled feta cheese
- Peel the celery root and using a sharp knife or mandoline, julienne into long thin strips. Place in acidulated water (water with a bit of lemon juice added) to keep the celery root from turning brown.
- Prepare tzatziki by combining Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic and fresh dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain celery root from the acidulated water and pat dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, combine celery root with dried blueberries, tzatziki and the orange zest. Top with reserved crumbled feta cheese.
About This Recipe
Greek flavors get a unique twist in this celery root dish – classic accoutrements like tzatziki and feta are enhanced with tart-yet-sweet dried blueberries and the bright acid from orange zest. Serve with your favorite protein or as a standalone small plate.
Recipe created by Chef Stephen Rogers, Sachet Restaurant.