- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 ounces brick-style low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, add blueberries and cream cheese; blend for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla; pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until blended.
- Transfer to medium bowl and freeze for 8 to 10 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is stiff.
Store blueberry cream cheese in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Substitute honey with maple syrup, and lemon zest and juice with orange zest and juice.
About This Recipe
Brighten up your breakfast with this Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese, perfect for bagels, toast, scones and more. All you have to do is beat softened, low-fat cream cheese with fresh blueberries, then add honey, vanilla, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice. It’s a simple swap for the pre-made options at the grocery store. You’ll love finding new ways to use the tasty, sweet-tart spread for a well-deserved boost of blue!