- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest, divided
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) crescent roll dough sheet
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium skillet set over high heat, stir together frozen blueberries, 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest, orange juice and granulated sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened to a jam-like consistency. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In small bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- On lightly floured work surface, unroll crescent dough sheet. Spread evenly with butter mixture, leaving 1/2-inch border along one short side.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture. Spread remaining blueberry mixture over butter mixture. Starting from the short side with no border, roll tightly into a log, pinching edges to seal. Slice evenly into 8 rolls.
- In a lightly greased 8-inch round baking dish, arrange rolls.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, yogurt, reserved blueberry mixture and remaining orange zest.
- Drizzle glaze over top of rolls.
About This Recipe
Add a tasty twist to a breakfast favorite with these Easy Blueberry Orange Cinnamon Rolls. Sweet-tart blueberries and tangy orange make a perfect pairing to drizzle over freshly baked (but store-bought) cinnamon rolls. It’s the perfect way to bring a personal touch to pre-made dough, saving you prep time and allowing you to sit back and savor your boost of blue.
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*