- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 4 bananas, sliced (ripe bananas are best)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil. Rinse and thoroughly dry blueberries; set aside 1/4 cup large berries
- In a blender combine bananas, eggs, almond butter, agave syrup, coconut oil, lemon rind and juice, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add banana mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in all but reserved blueberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; this will not rise as much as a regular loaf so don’t worry about filling it too high. Arrange reserved blueberries on top and press gently into batter (covering about 1/4-inch of berry).
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil after 40 minutes to prevent over-browning. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
About This Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Jennifer Chong