- 5.25 ounces ginger flavored cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the ginger cookies, melted butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Use a small metal measuring cup or drinking glass to gently press the crumbs in place. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the marshmallows, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste or extract into a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the marshmallows are melted. Let the marshmallow mixture cool.
- Place the whipping cream in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Once the marshmallow mixture is completely cooled, gently fold it into the whipped cream. Spoon the cream mixture evenly into the prepared crust then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine 3 cups of blueberries, fresh ginger and honey on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the remaining blueberries and crystallized ginger. Transfer to a jar or bowl and refrigerate until pie is completely set.
- When ready to serve, spoon the blueberry mixture evenly over the entire pie and cut into wedges.
About This Recipe
This Honey Roasted Blueberry and Ginger Marshmallow Cream Pie is a unique and tasty dessert that we guarantee is unlike any blueberry pie you’ve had before. Coming in third in America’s Best Blueberry Pie Contest, a marshmallow cream base is topped with tangy blueberries roasted with honey and fresh ginger to create a tasty medley of sweet and spicy flavors.
Created by Veronica Callaghan for America’s Best Blueberry Pie Contest