- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tub (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners. Mix skim milk with lemon juice; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk mixture, maple syrup, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; fold into flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold 3/4 cup of the blueberries into the batter. Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch flat tip or small basket-weave tip. Pipe ribbons over top of each muffin to resemble mummy bandages. Top each muffin with 2 of the remaining blueberries for “eyes.”
- Boxed muffin mix will also work for a shortened version of this recipe.
- Any milk or non-dairy milk can be used in this recipe.
- Use cream cheese frosting, buttercream frosting or vanilla icing.
About This Recipe
Warning: one look at these Blueberry Mini Mummy Muffins, and your little monsters might come unraveled. The yummy mini muffins are packed with flavor and sweetened by blueberries, maple syrup and vanilla. But the real fun is in the decorating: “mummy bandages” made of vanilla frosting and blueberry eyes. Fun to say and fun to eat, Blueberry Mini Mummy Muffins will be the talk of your Halloween party – or breakfast table.