Blueberry Mignonette Ingredients
- 2 cups blueberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 10-12 slices of prosciutto
- 1 dozen oysters
- Blueberry mignonette
- Crispy prosciutto
- 1 jalapeño
Blueberry Mignonette Instructions
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, reduce blueberry juice by half; let cool.
- In large mixing bowl combine juice with vinegar, shallots, black pepper and sugar and stir.
- Add blueberries and toss. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with prosciutto in one single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Crumble into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Thinly slice one jalapeno; set aside.
- Shuck the oysters. Spoon 1 teaspoon of blueberry mignonette over each oyster and top with a sprinkle prosciutto crumbs
- Garnish with a slice of jalapeno and a cilantro leaf. Serve immediately
About This Recipe
Pittsburgh Innovator Chef Richard DeShantz and Chef de Cuisine Dan Carlton
Whipping up these oysters with blueberry mignonette and prosciutto will make you look (and feel) like a world-class chef. The blueberry mignonette and crispy prosciutto mix deliciously with the succulent oysters for a dish that’s truly unforgettable.