- 1 cup water
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; stir in almond milk and pumpkin purée.
- Bring to a simmer; stir in oats, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat; cook blueberries and remaining maple syrup for 3 to 5 minutes or until blueberries are warm and softened.
- Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls; spoon blueberry mixture over top.
- Nutritional analysis used fresh blueberries.
About This Recipe
If you’re looking for cozy comfort in a bowl, look no further than Pumpkin Oatmeal with Blueberry Sauce. The pumpkin and cinnamon bring a creamy warmth to the dish, but the real secret ingredient is the boost of blue. Frozen blueberries sautéed with butter and maple syrup create a tasty, sweet-tart topping that will make your morning. It’s a healthy breakfast that feels more like an indulgent treat.