- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bone-in turkey breast with skin on (2-3 pounds)
- Salt & pepper
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze Ingredients
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup dried figs, sliced, or if small, halved
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large heavy oven safe bottom skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and rosemary sprigs.
- Rub turkey on all sides with oil (or butter) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in pan, on top of onion mixture; transfer pan to the oven.
- Turn temperature down to 400°F, and bake for 40 minutes.
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze Instructions
- Place 1⁄2 cup of the blueberries, figs and the balsamic vinegar in small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low, stirring occasionally until reduced by half.
- Stir in maple syrup, whole grain mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After the turkey has cooked for 40 minutes, brush with the glaze pour the rest over the top. Give the pan a shake.
- Surround the turkey with the remaining blueberries, lower oven temperature to 350 F and continue roasting in the oven, 20 or more minutes or until turkey reaches 160°F.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Sylvia Fountaine, “Feasting at Home” Blog
Roast turkey with blueberry balsamic glaze makes for a deliciously festive meal. Blueberries, figs, balsamic, maple and mustard add a tangy approach to a traditional roast turkey. Garnish the entrée with leftover blueberries and rosemary – your roast turkey with blueberry balsamic glaze will look as amazing as it tastes.