- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 2-quart baking dish, toss together blueberries, 3 tablespoons of honey, olive oil, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until blueberries start to burst and juices are bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Spread cream cheese over toast. Top with roasted blueberries and drizzle with remaining honey.
About This Recipe
For a more sophisticated snack or appetizer, Roasted Blueberry Toasts are delicious and deceptively simple to make. Just toss blueberries with olive oil, lemon juice, honey and thyme, then roast until the berries are bursting. A little cream cheese, your toast of choice, the roasted berries – what could be better for a savory-sweet treat? At only 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook, you’ve got a go-to for a planned menu – or a quick save.