- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
- 1⁄4 cup Regina red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1⁄2 pounds salmon fillet, cut crosswise in 4 portions
- 6 cups lettuce leaves in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a microwaveable cup, combine onion, red wine vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of
salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper; cover loosely with plastic wrap; microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, until onions turn pink, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler. Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on both sides of the salmon fillets; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill or broil salmon, skin side down, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Divide lettuce leaves among 4 dinner plates; place salmon in the center.
- With a slotted spoon, remove onions from vinegar; scatter onions, along with the blueberries, over and around the fish.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into the vinegar mixture; drizzle vinaigrette over salmon.
About This Recipe
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*