- 1 lemon
- 1-1⁄2 cups (12 ounces) plain, 2% Greek yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup dried blueberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Salmon Burger Ingredients
- 1 pound salmon fillet, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes and well chilled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion, mostly green
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- With a paring knife, remove the peel and white membrane from the lemon and cut out the sections; discard the membranes. Chop the lemon sections into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the lemon, yogurt, dried blueberries, chives, cilantro, onion, carrot, cumin, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
Salmon Burger Instructions
- In a food processor, roughly chop the cold salmon with 2 or 3 pulses; do not over mix; refrigerate. In a separate bowl, mix scallion, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in egg white. Lightly toss scallion mixture with chopped salmon.
- Form into 6 patties; grill or sear until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve salmon burgers with raita.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Chef Michael Vignapiano, CCE, AAC, Culinary Educator, Monroe College, New Rochelle, NY
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*