- 1⁄4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F. Grease 13- x 9-inch baking sheet with 2 tbsp oil; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and lemon zest; stir in remaining oil. Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined (do not overmix; a few lumps are OK). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over top; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut and serve pancakes with remaining blueberries and maple syrup.
Recipe TipIf desired, substitute milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice for buttermilk. Let stand for 15 minutes before using.
About This Recipe
Feeding a big bunch? Let us introduce you to our Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes – the new easiest way to crank out a big order of ‘cakes, without compromising on taste. Serve with maple syrup following a few moments of cooling. Sweet, sweet breakfast victory.