- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1-1⁄2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Toasted pine nuts and shredded
- coconut (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1-1⁄2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook soba noodles until al dente according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of the blueberries, Hoisin sauce, vinegar, lime juice and soy sauce; with a potato masher, crush berries.
- Stir in cornstarch and chili paste until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, garlic, ginger and salt.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side. Stir in blueberry mixture and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, remaining cup of blueberries and half of the basil. Reduce heat to low, cook just until blueberries are warm, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide among pasta bowls. Garnish with pine nuts, coconut and remaining basil, if desired.
About This Recipe