- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; add farro to bowl, tossing to coat with vinaigrette.
- Stir in blueberries, feta, shallot, mint, and parsley.
- Substitute quinoa, rice, barley, or any preferred whole grain for the farro.
- Substitute red onion for shallot if desired.
About This Recipe
Your new favorite comfort food, Warm Blueberry Farro Salad layers a variety of flavors and textures for a satisfying dish. Warm farro serves as the base, tossed with juicy, sweet-tart blueberries, tangy feta, crunchy shallots, and fresh mint and parsley. Finish with a simple lemon vinaigrette and enjoy as a meal or side! Improvising with what’s in the pantry? Try substituting red onion for the shallot – or your preferred whole grain, such as quinoa, rice or barley.