- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, add all ingredients and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until fruit starts to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until apples are very tender and blueberries start to blister.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and purée until smooth. Store in an airtight container or divide into reusable pouches.
- For a chunkier sauce, mash with a potato masher or fork instead of using blender until desired texture is reached.
- We recommend using a sweet apple for this recipe, such as Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious or Crispin. Adjust sweetness to taste if using an apple that is tart, such as Granny Smith.
- Substitute honey with coconut sugar, pure maple syrup or brown sugar if preferred.
About This Recipe
You and your kids will love this 5-Ingredient Blueberry Vanilla Applesauce for its fruity goodness, delicious taste and pouch-ability. That’s right, grab your reusable pouches, because this homemade applesauce is easy and even more yummy than store-bought! The bright blueberry and apple flavors get a warm touch from cinnamon and honey – and you get a mess-free snack to enjoy at home, at school or on the go.