- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup cold milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, unthawed
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- Heat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter; cut in with a pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs with some pea-sized pieces.
- Lightly stir in milk. Do not over mix. *
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in the frozen blueberries just until evenly blended. Pat dough into a square, 3/4-inch thick.
- With a sharp knife cut into 12 rectangles. Place 1-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high power just until melted, about 30 seconds. Drizzle onto biscuit tops.
1. In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to blend thoroughly.
2. Add the chunks of butter; pulse until mixture looks like fine crumbs, 8 to 10 times.
3. Turn into a medium bowl; lightly stir in milk.
4. Follow further directions as above.