- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1-1⁄2 cups sliced or cubed cooked chicken
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- In a small bowl, stir the reserved bacon fat, the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic. Whisk to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place spinach in a bowl and toss with the half the dressing; spread on a platter. Top with onion, chicken, blueberries, cheese and crumbled bacon; drizzle remaining dressing over salad.