- ¾ cup blueberries, divided
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ large avocado, peeled, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bread of choice, each about ½-inch thick, toasted
- Optional: large cookie cutters in fun shapes
- In a food processor, pulse ½ cup blueberries until puréed. Add ricotta and honey. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, gently toss avocado with lime juice and season with salt.
- Using a large cookie cutter, cut out shapes from bread slices and toast until desired darkness is reached.
- Spread blueberry mixture over toast shapes. Top with avocado slices and sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- Store remaining ricotta mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Use leftover toast scraps for breadcrumbs or croutons.
- Substitute ricotta with cottage cheese if preferred.
About This Recipe
We love Blueberry Avocado Toast, and we’re proud to say it! This versatile boost of blue is delicious at any time of day – breakfast, lunch or dinner – and makes a perfect afterschool snack. Sweet blueberries and honey pair with savory ricotta or cottage cheese for a tasty spread, topped with creamy avocado and zesty lime. Even better, the kids can help cut your favorite toasted bread into fun shapes with cookie cutters. This recipe is a smile-maker!