- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 large jarred roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together blueberries and barbecue sauce. Using fork, mash a few blueberries.
- Spoon blueberry mixture over prepared crust, leaving 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Top with chicken, roasted red pepper and green onions. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before slicing.
- Alternatively, use store-bought pizza dough and roll into a 12-inch round on lightly floured work surface.
- For mini pizzas, substitute prepared pizza crust with 4 to 6 Greek pita breads or mini naan breads.
About This Recipe
This Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza will quickly become a family favorite – easy to make and easy to enjoy, with yummy, kid-friendly flavors. You can make your own ingredients or simplify your life with shortcuts like store-bought crusts, rotisserie chicken and jarred roasted red peppers. Either way, you’ll have a cheesy, slightly sweet and savory pizza perfect for lunch, dinner and leftovers (if you’re lucky). Faster than delivery, with a bonus boost of blue!