Blueberry Bitters Ingredients and Materials
- 1 mason jar with lid
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- 1 cup high-proof spirit (for example, high proof vodka – at least 100 proof or 50% alcohol by volume)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Peels of one orange
Blueberry Cardamom Manhattan Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sweet vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bitters or Blueberry Bitters*
- Blueberries for garnish
Blueberry Bitters Instructions
- In a sterilized and completely dry mason jar, combine alcohol, blueberries and orange peels; seal tightly.
- Store in a cool dark place for at least one week, shaking once a day to keep ingredients mixed.
- Depending on infusion preference you can leave for up to 3 weeks, tasting as you go, until personal flavor is achieved.
- Strain mixture with a cheesecloth or fine mesh into a small serving jar and store in a dark cool place for up to 3 months.
Blueberry Cardamom Manhattan Instructions
- In a cocktail shaker, using a wooden spoon, muddle blueberries and cardamom to release juices.
- Add bourbon, vermouth, bitters and ice.
- Stir and pour into 2 chilled martini glasses, dividing evenly. Garnish with more blueberries.
Recipe Tip*Store-bought bitters used in nutritional analysis.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Dine x Design
Ready for a seasonal drink you (and your friends) have never tried before? Enter the blueberry cardamom Manhattan made with homemade blueberry bitters. The prep time is worth the smooth, warming cocktail that can be enjoyed again and again. Experience the spiced cardamom flavor perfectly mixed with fresh blueberry taste for a blueberry cardamom Manhattan that’s sure to impress even the biggest cocktail connoisseurs.