- 1⁄2 cup millet flour
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed into 1⁄4 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk + more for brushing
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white cheddar plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the butter and toss to evenly distribute.
- In a small cup lightly whisk the egg and milk Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the egg and milk mixture.
- Add the 1/2 cup cheddar and give the mix a quick turn.
- Add frozen blueberries and fold the mixture to create rough dough. Do not knead.
- On a well-floured surface pat the dough into a 1 inch thick circle. Cut into eight triangular pieces and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons grated cheddar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Asha Yoganandan, “Fork, Spoon, Knife” Blog
A sweet and savory blueberry cheddar gluten-free scone is the perfect treat. The delicate taste of blueberries intertwined with the tangy zest of white cheddar creates a flavorful blueberry cheddar gluten-free scone that is sure to satisfy any craving this holiday season.