- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup roughly-chopped toasted pecans
- 2⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese (or any soft cheese)
- Dijon vinaigrette (see below)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
To make the salad:
Season chicken breasts on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a separate plate and let rest for at least 5-10 minutes. Then chop into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl with the lettuce, blueberries, pecans, red onion, blue cheese, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
To make the vinaigrette:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
About This Recipe
Fresh, tangy, healthy and filling – what more could you want from a salad? This blueberry chicken chopped salad is perfect for a nutritious lunch or hearty dinner. Heading to a cookout or potluck? Take a bowl of this blueberry chicken chopped salad for a dish that’s sure to leave your friends and family’s taste buds tingling. Courtesy of Gimme Some Oven.